Are you having trouble setting up your 2 Step Xero Authentication? Read our easy to follow instructions to learn how..
1. Firstly, you will need to have an authenticator app installed on your phone (Google Authenticator).
2. To do this, you’ll need to go to the app store or google play to download the app onto your device. App shown below.
3. Follow the installation instructions provided for your device to add an account.
4. On the right-hand side of the Xero screen, go to [Your Name], then click Account.
5. Under Two-step authentication, click Setup.
6. Open the authenticator app on your mobile device and scan the QR code in Xero.
7. You can also enter your secret key manually and add these details to your authenticator app. Make sure you turn on Time-based if you're using manual entry.
8. Click Next.
9. Enter the authentication code provided by your authenticator app into Xero, then click Next.
10. Select your three security questions and type answers, then click Next.
11. The security questions can be used as a backup if you don't have your device or the code is not working.
12. Click Done.
The next time you log in to Xero, you'll need to enter an authentication code as well as your email address and password. You can choose to tick the option of a sign in for 30 days on your PC before you need to get a new code again to log in.
If you are trying to set up 2 Step Xero Authentication on multiple mobile devices you need to use to separate email addresses. The second email address (if not already a Xero user) will need to be added to the user list before being setup on the authenticator app.
Having trouble setting it up? Contact our team on 1300 204 781.
Rachael Trickey is a Partner and Agribusiness Consultant at Mulcahy & Co Agri Solutions and can be contacted on 0401 645 968 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bronte Gorringe is an Agribusiness Consultant at Mulcahy & Co Agri Solutions and can be contacted on 0401 882 374 or email@example.com